Have you heard the term XML conversion several times and found yourself clueless about it? Well, in this blog we will tell you exactly what it is and the various types of data format that can be converted to XML format. XML or Extensible Markup Language is used widely to display and contain information on the World Wide Web. XML is a web-publishing format which is media independent and has emerged as the new standard for web-publishing platform.
Advantages of XML
The primary advantage of using the XML format is that it is easy to implement due to the flexibility of its nature. Many firms spend money on XML conversion services as the benefits of this particular format help them to increase the returns to their business.
Types of XML Conversion Services
1. HTML to XML: You must have learnt HTML at the high school level. But did you know that it delivers information in format-oriented form? The content of a document or information, represented in HTML format is simply interpreted as text strings. The conversion of HTML to XML is done for encoding information and services with meaningful structure and semantics that computers can easily decipher. When XML and HTML are used together, these allow the separation of the data from its presentation format, thus converting into much more extensible format which is suitable for web use.
2. PDF to XML: PDF data can be converted to HTML format both online and offline. Latest technology and software is used to convert PDF data to XML while ensuring complete security of data.
3. Word to XML: Converting Word to XML can be complicated as it involves the possibility of data loss during the process. The data entry companies apply the technology carefully and it will definitely help your business grow.
4. Excel to XML: These companies are as familiar with Excel as they are with Word. The following aspects should be kept in mind in order to ensure error-free conversion of Excel to HTML:
• Retention of format and content of source data
• Layout of data should be unaffected
• Retention of structure and style
• Protection of data
• Charts, hyperlinks and other internal logic structure should not be affected
5. Text to XML: Through functions like scanning, indexing, OCR, quality control this conversion is possible. Some of the aspects that must be kept in mind while doing this conversion:
• Retention of original data
• Layout and structures should be unaffected
• Updating formats and layouts as required
6. SGML to XML: The following should be done before converting SGML data to XML format:
• A detailed study of your SGML pages
• Re-tooling methods and documents
• Retention of structural integrity of SGML documents
• Retention of original data
The other types of XML conversions are:
• Binary to XML
• XML to html
• XML to PDF
If you have a business, you can easily outsource the data to specialised firms that apply advanced technological tools in order to cater to the accurate and speedy XML conversion needs of their clients.