Enterprises across the globe are outsourcing their data entry to service providers with an aim to cut down on time, cost and effort. In both public and private sector institutions across the globe, the focus is on a data-driven culture. With regards to security issues, many firms shy away from online data entry outsourcing. It is understandable because handling confidential and sensitive data outside the organization can be very challenging.
To simplify the outsourcing process, here are some guidelines you should follow:
- When choosing an outsourcing vendor, the location of the vendor should be your main priority. If you choose an offshore vendor, you can avail the advantage of the time zone and ensure that you can provide business services round the clock. A background check of the location like governance, possibilities of civil unrest or occurrences of natural calamities is also necessary to ensure smooth business without disruptions.
- Do not enter into a deal with rigid pricing options. Ask your vendor for flexible pricing options including pay per hour, pay per transaction and payment for dedicated resources. This flexibility will permit you to avail services for your distinguished needs.
- Check on the kind of technology that is being used to manage your data. Ensure that your vendor in utilizing the latest technology to digitize data entry in the form of Intelligent Character Recognition and Optical Character Recognition. It is crucial that your vendor implements only the best practices and latest technology to process data giving you a technological advantage.
- Choose an outsourcing vendor that shares firm security and privacy policies. The organization must have strict policies for protecting confidential data. Also, the policies of the outsourcing vendor require to be conferring with the cyber security and the data infringement laws.
- Ask the vendor for testimonials and references from previous customers. Also, conduct checks for awards and recognition. Connecting with people and organizations that have worked with them in the past and check how their experience was.
- One sensible thing to do is to work with your vendor for a trial period before making a permanent outsourcing deal. This will help you assess their capabilities of handling projects and their quality. Since data accuracy and quality is such a big factor for efficient data entry, this could be the added advantage. If the results are unsatisfactory, you will be under no obligation to continue with the vendor.
There are numerous advantages of outsourcing data entry. But, before you enter into a permanent outsourcing deal, make sure that you have followed the guidelines above. When outsourced to the right vendor, you can be assured that your work will be accurate and of the highest quality in accordance with the necessary security protocols. As an institution, it is always necessary to think wisely about the work being outsourced and how you can benefit from the outsourcing. The negative aspects also need to be calculated to diminish data breach possibilities.